Tuesday 23 February 2016

Journal Entry #5: Digital Wellness

After I finished the unit on digital wellness, there are a few things that surprised me. One thing was noticing how much time people actually spend using technology. Including cellphones. When we do the metre stick activity, it showed how far you can go while texting and driving. It basically shows that you have no control of the vehicle if you are texting while driving. I did not find this unit difficult in any way. The only thing I can think of that may have been difficult for me would be having to think of five pledges that I can relate to.
I think the biggest problem for young people when it comes to digital wellness would be the amount of time they spend on technology everyday. I can think of people that will not do anything without their phone. It is like technology is an addiction. It is not healthy to spend that much time on it. I would say a minimum of three hours a day is a reasonable amount of time to use technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment